Vendor Code of Conduct
Please read the TRACFONE Vendor Code of Conduct.
TRACFONE Wireless, Inc. seeks at all times to conduct business in a lawful, ethical and moral manner in every aspect of our company. We value our customers, our employees, our business partners, and our reputation, and recognize that they are the keys to the tremendous success we have achieved.
We expect our Vendors to share this perspective, and we therefore require them to subscribe to certain moral and ethical principles in their business operations. While TRACFONE recognizes that our Vendors are independent entities, and that there are different legal and cultural environments throughout the communities in which we operate, this code sets forth the basic requirements all Vendors, as well as their employees, agents and subcontractors, must meet in order to do business with TRACFONE.
1. Business Practices
- Vendors will finish tasks efficiently, within the allotted time and within budget.
- Vendors will display a cooperative and positive attitude by working well with TRACFONE employee and TRACFONE’s other Vendors, and will be easy to do business with.
- Vendors will deliver work product that meets or exceeds TRACFONE’s expectations ” free of defects, professional in quality, and on time.
- Vendors will plan ahead to solve business problems proactively.
- Vendors will be loyal to TRACFONE and its customers, and do everything reasonably possible to maintain or improve on the good will TRACFONE has earned within its industry and its customer base.
- Vendors will protect TRACFONE’s physical and intellectual assets when authorized by TRACFONE to use such assets.
- Vendors may speak to the press or others on behalf of TRACFONE only if expressly authorized to do so by TRACFONE.
- Vendors must at all times avoid the appearance of or actual improprieties and/or conflicts of interests.
- Vendors shall immediately disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest to TRACFONE’s General Counsel, and shall not deal directly with any TRACFONE employee whose spouse, domestic partner, or other family member or relative has a significant financial interest in, or other substantial relationships to, the Vendor.
- Vendors must at all times comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Vendors shall immediately report any improper or unethical conduct by TRACFONE employees to TRACFONE’s General Counsel.
2. Employment Practices
- Vendors should maintain a workforce free of harassment and unlawful discrimination. Vendor companies should not engage in any form of discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
- Vendors should abide by all applicable laws relating to wages and benefits, and must pay the legally prescribed minimum wage or the prevailing industry wage, whichever is higher.
- Vendors may not use child labor as defined by local laws and regulations, and in no case may Vendors use workers younger than the age of 16 or the compulsory age to be in school, whichever is higher.
- TRACFONE Vendors are prohibited from using forced or involuntary labor, including prisoners, bonded or indentured workers. TRACFONE will not purchase products from Vendors using forced or involuntary labor.
- Vendors must provide workers with a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Employees must have access to potable water and sanitary facilities, and all workplaces must have adequate fire safety, lighting and ventilation facilities. Residential facilities, if provided to workers, must also meet these requirements.
- Vendors shall provide workers with all benefits required by laws and regulations, including, if required, meals, transportation, health care, child care and leave for medical, family or religious reasons. As required by law or regulation, Vendors shall make contributions towards workers’ social security and insurance programs.
- Vendors must keep employee records in accordance to local and/or national regulations.
3. Legal and Compliance Requirements
- Vendors must comply fully with antitrust and fair competition laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which the Vendors conduct business.
- Vendors must comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations relating to hazardous materials, air emissions, waste and wastewater discharges, including the manufacture, transportation, storage and release to the environment of such materials.
- Vendors must cooperate with investigations by government officials, and Vendors must be truthful in all discussions with government investigators.
- Vendors may not participate in international boycotts that are not sanctioned by the U.S. government or applicable laws.
- Vendors must comply with the anti-corruption laws of the countries in which it does business, including the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and not make any direct or indirect payments or promises of payments to foreign government officials for the purpose of inducing the individual to misuse his/her position to obtain or retain business.
- Vendors must comply with all applicable United States laws and regulations, and all country of origin laws and regulations relating to imported products, not specifically referred to above.
4. Compliance with TRACFONE’s Vendor Code of Conduct
Every Vendor must comply with the above Code of Conduct as a condition of doing business with TRACFONE. Vendors are expected to self-monitor their compliance with this Code of Conduct. A Vendor’s failure to comply with these policies may be sufficient cause for TRACFONE to exercise its right terminate its business relationship with that Vendor. Alternatively, if TRACFONE discovers a Vendor’s noncompliance with this Code, TRACFONE may require the Vendor to implement a Corrective Action Plan. Vendors are responsible for ensuring that their employees and representatives understand and comply with this Code of Conduct. Vendors have a duty under this Code of Conduct to inform TRACFONE management of any violations of these requirements.
TRACFONE is deeply committed to conducting business according to the highest standards of honesty, ethics and integrity. By requiring adherence to the letter and spirit of this Code of Conduct, TRACFONE hopes to instill those same values in its Vendors, and foster strong, long-term, and mutually beneficial relationships.